On August 30, at the 2014 Rockstar Energy Uproar Festival, I got to sit down with Sons Of Reverly. They are an interesting bunch, hailing from Brantford, Ontario. No description needed, just check out this interview. It was very entertaining, to say the least.
At the 2014 Uproar Festival in Tampa, Florida, I got to sit down with Escape The Fate's very own Robert Ortiz and Kevin Thrasher. We talked about a lot of different things, from favorite songs to play live, possible tours involving Falling in Reverse, new music and more.
The Rockstar Energy Uproar Festival came back into town, and Immortal Music attended. There, I met up with David Koonce of Within Reason for a second time. Due to some weather mishaps, the interview ended up being done over email, but its still extremely interesting. It involves new music, videos, a radio station, and a snowman. Curious now? Keep reading to learn more.
1. Its been two years since we last spoke, how have you been and what have you been up to? We have had a lot going on. Most important is our first single "Enemy" has hit nationwide radio. We hope for it to break Top 40 on the Active Rock chart
2. How does it feel to be back on Uproar for you this year and how is it different this year than previous experiences on Uproar?
Uproar is one of our favorite tours. Since we have done this before we knew what to expect when we got here and know what kind of show to put together.
3. Are you guys planning on releasing any new music or music videos for that matter, any time soon?
"Here Comes The Light" will be our next single followed by "We'll Have It All". There will be videos for each. We plan on recording a new album next year
4. Are there any songs out there that you wish you had written that you didn't?
Every songwriter pours a little bit of themselves into each song. From that perspective I don't think there is one out there.
From a commercial perspective sometimes I wish I had the publishing deal on the theme song for "Friends". That gets play at least 6 times a day in syndication. Im sure its a nice royalty check.
5. What was it like playing at the Grammy's earlier this year?
Its was amazing. It was really cool to be there, play and walk the red carpet. Not many artists get to see what its like to be at this industry's highest echelon for a night. It gives us something to shoot for.
6. What is something you've found yourself listening to a lot lately?
I have been listening to a band from Baton Rouge named Startisan. We have played some shows with them. Great band
7. I've asked Chris this before, but I didn't ask you. Name something you listen to that nobody would expect you to listen to?
8. What would your dream concert lineup be? (To take part in.)
2 words: PINK FLOYD
9. What do you like to do in your down time while on the road?
I co-own a film company based in Birmingham. So I have me iMac with me in the bus to edit on. I shoot our shows and things on the road and edit videos.
I also do a radio show 7 days a week and I even do it from the road as well.
10. Which member of the band is most likely to get arrested for something stupid?
Chase. no question
11. What helps lift you up when you're down?
My wife is my balance, especially while I'm on the road. I call here a few times a day and she always brightens my mood.
12. Is there anything you'd like to add before you go?
Thanks for taking the time to catch up. I always like to drop our website www.withinreasonmusic.com
Also...bonus question, if you feel like answering it....do you wanna build a snowman?
Of course. I could have used some snow today in Mississippi. Hot one today.
Big thanks to David Koonce for staying in touch with Immortal Music before Uproar, at the festival and after. Plus, thank you for answering the questions so quickly. Be sure to check out their website, Withinreasonmusic.com. While you're at it, feel free to like their Facebook page, follow them on Twitter, and check out their music on YouTube, Reverbnation and iTunes.
These are interview that I myself have done. They have not been found anywhere, they have not been done for me. They are my work.