Run 2 Cover is a pop rock band from Phoenix, AZ that we were highly impressed with! On September 14, the entire band took the time to do an interview over email with me. They're kind of like a mix between Blink 182 and The Summer Set, and had plenty to say. Enough with the introduction, let's just get into it.
1. Hello! Would you care to introduce yourself and explain what you do in the band?
Hello, my name is Christian and I play the bass and sing lead vocals.
My name is Colin, I play guitar and sing backup vocals.
I'm Brandon and I play the drums and sing backup vocals.
2. What (or who) inspired you to get into music?
Brandon: My stepdad is a drummer and he had a kit setup in our house. So at about 10 or 11 years old I started playing around on it and really liked it. Christian (my older brother) decided to start playing bass guitar and we entered our school's talent show. Colin, who had already been our friend for years prior, watched us play the talent show. After that, we all wanted to form a band together and so that's when Colin decided to start playing guitar.
3. Name something you listen to nobody would ever expect?
Colin: We all pretty much listen to the same music, which is just about everything like metal, rap, rock, pop, etc.
Brandon: Yeah I mean pop music is definitely our favorite genre but that doesn't mean we're against heavier types of music. I love stuff from Bring Me the Horizon all the way to John Mayer.
4. What would be your dream concert lineup be? (To take part in or see, that's up to you)
Brandon: My dream lineup would be Thirty Seconds to Mars, One Direction, Walk the Moon, The 1975 and so many more. And I would definitely want to take part in it.
Christian: I'd want to take part in a lineup featuring MGMT, Passion Pit, One Direction and way too many more to choose from.
Colin: One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, Walk the Moon, Maroon 5 would all be really cool.
5. How would you describe your music to those who have never heard it before?
Christian: Feel good, catchy pop songs! Besides I'm the One, that's our ballad/sad song and we get messages all the time from girls that say that song made them cry. So if you don't feel like crying, avoid that one haha.
6. Your album, Lovesick was produced by Matt Good of DRUGS, what was it like working with him on your record?
Colin: Being in the studio with Matt is one of our favorite things as a band. We all get each other and Matt always understands where we want the direction of a song to go. We also have a lot of fun together so I think that definitely helps our song writing process. We owe a lot to him.
Brandon: Matt is honestly one of the most talented people you will ever meet.
7. You're about to embark on a tour that's going to take you through the end of October, what songs are you most excited to play live?
Christian: It's always a blast playing any of our original songs live but we all really enjoy playing Back to Basics.
8. As a band you have made some YouTube videos just for fun, such as the Bean Boozled challenge. Are you big fans of YouTube? If so, are there any YouTubers you happen to be a fan of?
Brandon: YouTube is one of our favorite things. We would definitely upload a lot more it's just hard sometimes to find the time and getting ideas for videos. My favorite YouTuber is definitely PewDiePie. I've been watching his videos for a very long time now.
9. When you're not playing music, what do you do?
Christian: We pretty much all do the same things haha. We like to sleep, watch YouTube videos, play video games, or find other things to do for the band.
10. Is there anything you would like to add before we go?
Colin: Our debut album Lovesick is available for purchase now on iTunes! Also, please feel free to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc. Hope to see you at a show sometime soon!
Well, I don't even have to plug any of the social media because Colin was on top of that! If you want to catch them at a show, they will be on tour with One Eyed Doll and Stitched Up Heart September 18 through October 30! For more information, please see their official website. Also be on the look out for a review of their debut album, Lovesick here on Immortal Music very soon.
These are interview that I myself have done. They have not been found anywhere, they have not been done for me. They are my work.