The Plot In You is a metal band from Findlay, OH and their wonderful vocalist Landon took the time to answer some questions for me over email. He actually gave me some answers I've never gotten before on questions I frequently ask, and had a lot to say about their music. We're just going to let him do the talking, as he is the focus of the entire thing. Without further adue, we will say thank you to Landon for answering our questions, and now we will get into this.
1. First, would you like to introduce yourself and explain what you do in the band?
My name is Landon and I'm the vocalist for the band.
2.. Next month you're going to be releasing Happiness Is Self Destruction, what song are you most excited for fans to hear?
It's hard to pick one but one that I'm definitely interested to see how fans take it is called Better Vibes.
3. Name something you listen to that nobody would ever expect.
I like pop music a lot, been jamming The Weekend really hard lately.
4. What are the best and worst parts of touring for you?
It's obviously great to play your music for people that appreciate it. Making new friendships, seeing new places. It's hard to be away from people I love and my dogs. Being cooped up in a van every day gets daunting as well.
5. Speaking of touring, do you have any tour stories you would like to share?
All the best ones are stories I don't think are safe to make public. We broke down in Texas once and I had to ride in the back of a U-haul from Texas to Ohio in the middle of winter and then laid in bed for a whole week after. It was awesome.
6. If you were asked to describe your music in one word, what word would you choose?
7. Out of all your songs, which are your favorites and least favorites?
I hate a lot of our old material. We're all really burnt out on playing First Born songs. I still love playing anything off CYWYCB and any new song is refreshing and exciting to play live. I love playing Troll off our last record and My Old Ways is fun and challenging live.
8. What do you like to do in your spare time, when you're not playing music?
Hang out with my dogs, when I'm home I produce bands and write music. So when I'm not doing anything music related I'm usually just relaxing with my lady and the dogs.
9. How did you get into music in the first place?
My dad is a very talented musician so music has always kinda been in the family.
10. Is there anything you would like to add before we go? Promotions, advice, whatever you would like.
Buy our record when it comes out!
Their album Happiness Is Self Destruction comes out on October 16, and you can pre-order it now through MerchNow! While you're at it, we recommend you follow them onFacebook and Twitter.
These are interview that I myself have done. They have not been found anywhere, they have not been done for me. They are my work.