Deaf Rhino is a highly independent rock band from New Jersey, and on May 5 they will be releasing their brand new album, Dirt, Rust, Chaos on May 5. Their rhythm guitarist, Adam sat down with Immortal Music to answer some questions and gave plenty of insight to what its like to be in Deaf Rhino, and a crime fighter.
Curious now? Read on to learn more!
1. How did 'Deaf Rhino' get its name?
Hot hand in a dice game.
2. How would you describe your music to those are just discovering it?
Rock and roll, groovy, sexy, heavy and catchy.
3. On your upcoming album, Dirt, Rust, Chaos, which tracks are you most excited for people to hear and why?
The entire album, it fucking rips. No gimmicks just people playing their instruments from the right places.
4. You've said you are the ultimate DIY band, what did you mean by that and what's the process been like for you?
I wouldn't say were the ultimate DIY band but we do everything ourselves, booking, promotions, networking, paying for shit, putting out our own records all in the name of having our music and our thing heard. Make your own luck ya know?
5. Name something you listen to that nobody would expect.
The crossfire board game theme song has been on a pretty steady rotation lately.
6. Have you had any interesting experiences yet as a musician?
Tons....practices, shows, traveling, people you meet. The highs and lows. It takes a lot of love and hard work to be independent musicians especially rock and roll musicians. Believe you me it ain't easy trying to be heard in a world full of carbon copy robots constantly battling to win the arms race for who has the biggest megaphone.
7. Where in the world do you dream of performing?
Anywhere and everywhere people want to lose themselves in rock and roll for a little while.
8. What would be your dream concert lineup? (Both to play and take part in.)
I can only speak for myself (Adam) but we really want to play a major Euro festival. We would open the day and all of our favorite bands would play after so we could just party it up with pretty European rocker mami's.
9. Outside of music, what do you do?
Vigilante crime fighting.
10. What does the near future hold for Deaf Rhino?
Shows, mapping out some tours. Trying to get our music in the hands of rock and roll fans.
11. Anything you would like to add before we go?
Thanks for you time and checking out our music.
Be sure to check them out on all their social media and the review of Dirt, Rust, Chaos that Immortal Music did.
Facebook/ Twitter/ Website / YouTube / Instagram
These are interview that I myself have done. They have not been found anywhere, they have not been done for me. They are my work.