Ionia is a rock band that hails from New York City and Immortal Music got the opportunity to review their latest EP, Postcards From The Edge: Chapter 1. Delta 32 and interview their wonderful vocalist Blaise Beyhan. He offered a lot of insight, and proved that he is definitely a deep thinker and a very unique soul. Read on to learn more.
1. What does your song 'Idea' mean to you? And what inspired it in the first place?
It’s about trusting your instincts and not falling victim to the pressures from the people who surround you. It’s about finding out who you really are and not being afraid of that, even if it's not popular. It was inspired by our own struggles as a band.
2. What would be your dream concert lineup be? (Both to take part in and just see.)
Brand New, The 1975, The Weeknd, Thrice and The Neighbourhood.
3. What has been your favorite memory so far as a musician?
I don’t take pictures, I know I will be back.
4. Who/ what inspires your music?
Art, music, pain, beauty, loss, love, and hope.
5. Can you explain the title behind your newest EP, "Postcards From The Edge: Chapter 1. Delta 32”?
It’s the first installment in a series of EPs that we think of as “Postcards From The Edge" that we stand on.
6. Name something you listen to that nobody would ever expect?
7. Describe your career as a musician in one word.
8. Out of all your music, which are your favorites and least favorites? And why?
Who do you like better in your family?
It’s not easy to answer, it also feels wrong to pick favorites.
9. Aside from music, what do you do?
Eat, sleep, yoga, gym, read, make videos, go to museums, contemplate why I do music.
10. What inspired "Spitting In The Eyes Of Defeat"? That's an interesting track?
The damage it can cause if you never learn how to lose. I think one must learn to lose so they know what they’re reaching for.
11. Where in the world do you dream of playing? (Location or venue, either one -or both- is acceptable.)
I'll be all around in the dark. I’ll be everywhere—wherever you look. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad and I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry. Anywhere, everywhere.
12. Where did you come up with your EP name. "Postcards From The Edge: Chapter One.Delta 32”?
From a song we wrote.
13. How would you describe your music to those who are just discovering you?
Check these guys out, they make noise, some of it is good. ;)
14. Is there anything you would like to add?
Keep breathing. Come say hi to us.
Be sure to check out Ionia's EP, Postcards From The Edge: Chapter 1. Delta 32 and all their social media.
Big thanks to Blaise for doing this interview and their press person for contacting me in the first place about their EP and helping me with this interview.
Ionia Official website / Facebook / Twitter /Instagram
These are interview that I myself have done. They have not been found anywhere, they have not been done for me. They are my work.