Firestarter is a pop punk band from Albany, NY and Immortal Music got to review their Forget The Past EP and do this interview. See what they have to say about influences, dream lineups, and alien abductions!
1. How would you explain your music to those who have never heard it before?
Upbeat, fast and catchy pop-punk in the veins of blink-182, New Found Glory, and The Starting Line.
2. What would your dream concert lineup be? (Both to see as a fan, and to take part in)
Our dream line-up for a show as a fan or a band taking part in it would be The Starting Line, Saosin, Armor For Sleep, and Boys Nights Out. All bands we love and would love to see live again.
3. Who / what have been influences on your music and you in general?
Early 2000's Drive Thru Records, Victory Records bands, and The Tony Hawk Pro Skater soundtracks.
4. Name something that you listen to that nobody would ever expect.
Lot's of Linkin Park and 90's pop music.
5. Which of your songs are your favorites and least favorites? (And why?)
Our favorite song of ours would have to be "Who You Used To Be" from Forget The Past. It's a fun song and we have a blast playing it live. To ask us what our least favorite is difficult as we don't dislike any of our songs and we enjoy playing all of them.
6. Where in the world do you dream of performing?
Definitely on the top of the list would be the United Kingdom and Australia. Both of those places have crazy sights and cultures and would be one crazy experience.
7. Have you had any interesting tour experiences yet?
We've had way too many to list but an Alien abducted our trailer in New Mexico once, that was cool.
8. What song do you feel describes you as a person and Firestarter as a band? (This can be one by yourselves, or anyone else. That is up to you.)
Left Coast Envy by The Starting Line hits the nail on the head for that. Just listen to it and you will understand.
9. How does it feel knowing that your music can inspire people in their every day lives?
Honestly, it's one of the coolest feelings in the world knowing that we aren't alone in what we experience and someone besides ourselves is relating to our music and it's message.
10. Is there anyone you wish to collaborate with one day?
Brian Mcternan, Mark Hoppus, Jerry Finn (RIP), and Cameron Webb would all be producers we'd love to collaborate with.
11. Is there anything you would like to add before we go?
Keep an eye out for new music on the horizon from our camp.
Big thanks to Firestarter for doing this interview!
You can check them out on all their social media and be on the look out for more great music from Firestarter soon.
Facebook / Twitter / Merch / Website / Instagram
These are interview that I myself have done. They have not been found anywhere, they have not been done for me. They are my work.